A Spoonful Of Jam by Michelle Majorian

I actually read this book a long time ago and since then I have gone on to have CUCKOO IN THE NEST and JUST HENRY - a whopping 702 pages in my copy - in my tiny bookshelf in me and my sister's room. Well, Just Henry is on the dining table. Michelle Magorian is an amazing author - she has that rare ability to touch the heart. A Spoonful Of Jam is all about 12 years old Elsie Fisher, in the summer of 1947, has several things on her mind, her mother's baby, her father's coldness and so on. An esteemed grammar school student, to escape a pack of bullies, Elsie willingly takes a part in a theatre play.
Will Elsie rise or fall? Read the book to find out! To get all these books I'm blogging about, get a membership to your local library and in my area, you can type in your membership number on the Slough Borough website and see the books you've loaned and reserved the ones you couldn't find too. It's great. A SPOONFUL OF JAM is a thrilling tale and I remember reading it and my naan going stone cold. Oh well, the book was a treat though. Scourge - you'll see this phrase in a LOT of my blogs - every place which has books for this beautifully woven story; you won't regret missing a hot dinner to read it.Laters!

Comments

Popular Posts