Anne Frank

Image result for anne frank


I actually found the story of Anne Frank quite emotional! It tells the story of the struggle, tears, drama, and romance blooming in the annexe and how her friends sacrificed so much for her!  Today is Pakistan Independence Day so congrats to any Paks reading! Long live Pakistan! If you want to know more you can find PTI on Twitter and Facebook and see stars like Justin Trudeau wishing them a good time. Anyway, in 1944 Anne Frank got discovered and died of an illness epidemic in the concentration camp she and her sister were staying in. Her father Otto Frank was the only one of the eight to survive and he dedicated himself to spreading the message of his daughter's diary to the world. He passed away in 1980 in Berjusset, Switzerland and got married to Elfriede Geiringer who passed away in 1998 in London, UK, another Jewish survivor of the concentration camps. Her husband also passed away. I read the 2003 book, Anne Frank: Diary Of A Young Girl and Margot Frank died before her sister, a few months away from each others passing. A quote I believe refers to Pakistan today is:
I keep my ideals because in spite of everything I still believe that people are really good at heart.
So Anne knew all the fighting by the Germans was going on, I think this particular quote of hers means that though the Germans were the 'evil' opposition, she still believed them to be good at heart. This is one of her truly beautiful quotes :-).  


I think this book is perfect, especially for those times where you just have to have a deep read to engulf yourself in. For times like breakups and boredom, I think this is ideal. Not that anybody has broken up with me :-p! Anne Frank is in three words, emotional, tear - streaming, and DEEP. Very, very, very deep. Because of the war parts and the Peter parts, I think I would tell children who are 10+ years old to read this. 

The films are rated for ages 13 and up by parents, The Diary Of Anne Frank in 2009. The books are mainly 11- 14 because that is the ages in which Anne was writing her diary but it is really your choice. I say 10 over though for the movie and book! Some content though is not appropriate because they talk about sex
as they are growing up, otherwise overall this is a great book and film! The film actually I say 13 years up, teenagers only! OK, do what you want unless you are not in your double digits age yet, but all I am saying is read the book! It is a very deep book and I love it!


Thanks for reading my blog! Enjoy the read, and spread the 'Emmi' word!








Comments

Popular Posts