The Lotterys More or Less by Emma Donoghue























I found this family story very nice. It's my kind of story to be honest, and is all about nine year old Sumac. It is written in a formality highlighting way, not from Sumac's point of view but in the thrid person, nevertheless being shown more from Sumac's thougths and what she has done. Sumac Lottery is from a unique family. I failed to catch the depth of their family, but there is a small passage at the beginning of the novel, telling of the two couples who married, and I think that Sumac, Brian ( whose real name is Briar, but announced at the age of two she was a boy, and changed it to Brian) Oak, who is the youngest at the age of two and a half, but looks and acts as if he is one because somebody dropped him on his head before the Lotterys took him in, are all adopted by the Lotteries. There is also a hint of humor in the story, and I think this fact lights up the story, and adds a cosy feeling of family love and jokes into it, that each parent has a nickname apart from Maximum, who is the most amture and sensible one, rangign from PapaDum, PopCorn, and CardaMum. 

This is such a warm, loving book, and I would recommend it to many others, any age, any ability, any situation. I hope you'll liek it as much as I did, this book beats David Walliam's Awful Auntie! 


Enjoy your day, lockdown or not, and stay safe!

See the source image
Best wishes,

Emman
















Comments

Popular Posts